Orange Car

I was 16 when I learned how to drive a car, it's a stick. A manual stick. It was my dad's race car. I remember it was an old Celica in light blue. The sound of the engine excites me and the way it speeds thru Edsa was a delight to recall. few years later we lost the car and then I lost Dad. 


I lost my father when I was about to turn 21 or 22. Enlarged heart and other complication was the reason he's no longer with us. I still kept driving even when we lost the car. Friends would ask me to drive for them. I had a friend that I had to drive from QC to Isabela province. Let me tell you one thing though.. I don't have a Driver's License.


You heard me! 


For all those years that I have been driving around Quezon city and Manila, not once I had a license with me. I never applied for one. Mainly because before I can get away with it. All I had to do is to call my dad if I got stopped due to traffic violation. It was easy before. 


And now that I'm at the point of my life that I'm thinking of getting my own car, the sadness sometimes creeps in. Well, not because I'll be exerting effort in getting a license - but because I will never get away with it. I can't call Dad anymore. 


I'm gonna get an orange car, it's manual. I just wish I can still call Dad because I swerve and I got stopped. 

Comments